Creative Problem Solving
Strategic Marketing & Branding
Strategic Planning & Execution
Search Engine Optimization
Adobe Creative Suite
Autodesk 3ds Max
Maxwell Rendering Studio
Growing dynamic company that sources goods for numerous small and medium-sized businesses throughout the country. Operating in a variety of different sectors including; construction, furnishings, manufacturing, and convenience store industries.
President & CEO
June 2017 to Present
Report to the company’s board, direct two Vice Presidents, and manage the organization’s human resources, marketing, financial and accounting departments.
- Built Brand Equity
- Created a new private label brand for the company called Ricci Products. The Ricci name made it easier for Nbound to sell our private label goods to retailers who needed a brand on their product but did not want the Nbound name or the manufacturer’s name on the products. The Ricci brand increased our retail sales 28% over two quarters.
- Wrote blog posts to Nbound’s blog and shared them through social media to further expand Nbound’s brand name and establish the company as an industry expert.
- Managed Liability of Company
- Managed Accounting and Finances
December 2016 to June 2017
Contracted by founders to develop a strategic plan and design the startup’s branding.
- Developed Business Plan: Designed a business plan that utilized the abilities of the founders and the investor to run the startup in a very lean sustainable manner.
- Created Branding and Marketing
- Collaborated with the founders and the investor to come up with the name ‘Nbound’ and develop brand standards.
- Developed a website and social media to give the company an online presence.
Global CNC cutting machine manufacturer with $15 million per year in annual sales. Retro Systems manufactured and sold CNC plasma, oxy-fuel, and waterjet cutting machines through the company’s experienced sales force and a multi-tier distributor network.
Director of Marketing
July 2013 to October 2015
Appointed by the President and COO to lead the expansion of the company’s thermal and waterjet cutting lines domestically and internationally.
- Developed and Executed Marketing Strategy & Plans
- Developed the domestic marketing plan that resulted in 15% growth annually while reducing the overall advertising budget.
- Developed marketing plans to grow international presence in Mexico, the Middle East, and Russia.
- Setup Arcus Processing Branding
- Designed and developed the brand for Retro Systems’ new subsidiary material processing company, Arcus Processing. A new brand was created to separate Arcus from Retro Systems to avoid potential conflict with Retro Systems’ existing and potential customers.
- Designed and managed the construction of Arcus Processing’s new manufacturing facility and office interiors. Spaces were designed to showcase the company brand.
June 2012 to July 2013
Reported to the Vice President of Sales and his staff to transition Retro Systems traditional marketing and advertising methods to a more strategic digital approach.
- Improved Retro Systems’ Online Presence Through Digital Marketing
- Increased online leads 50% annually by designing and developing a new SEO-friendly WordPress website.
- Increased customer retention 25% by developing and managing an email marketing campaign.
- Built Facebook following from scratch to over 5,000 page likes in under three years with a social media budget of under $500 per year.
- Designed Branded Environments of New Sales Center: Increased our sales close rate 46% by designing and managing the construction of new Sales Center. Spaces were designed to maximize the company brand.
April 2009 to June 2012
- Enhanced Branding and Graphic Design
- Redesigned and updated marketing materials to better-represent company brand and better market the company’s products.
- Refined the company brand to be consistent and modern.
- Improved Online Marketing Analytics: Set up marketing and advertising analytics, which were used to determine company’s future strategic direction.
Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture
World class architecture firm specializing in large-scale sustainable architecture and urban design projects.
April 2008 to March 2009
Worked on numerous competitions and business development proposals for multi-use projects in the Middle East.
- One Park Avenue – Dubai, UAE
- Led the team that was responsible for the tower portion of the 600,000 square meter tower.
- Monthly developed content and presentation materials for our Emirati client.
- Atrium City Master Plan – Dubai, UAE
- Kuwait University Competition – Kuwait City, Kuwait
HOK Sport + Venue Event (now Populous)
World’s largest sports architecture and design firm.
May 2007 to April 2008
Developed and managed construction document on 18,000 seat multi-purpose arena.
- PPG Paints Arena – Pittsburgh, PA
- 600,000 square foot arena that was home to the National Hockey League’s Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Develop various aspects of the design from Schematic Design through 70% Construction Documentation.
- KFC YUM Center – Louisville, KY
- Assist President with marketing and communications for the boutique award-winning residential architecture firm.
- Developed graphics and branding: Designed and developed a logo and branding that portrayed the firm as a modern, elegant boutique office.
- Received a handful of awards and publications:
- Published multiple times in Chicago Magazine, Small Space Living Magazine, Qualified Remodeler Magazine, and Houzz
- Awarded the Chrysalis Award for Remodeling Excellence
- Awarded the Qualified Remodeler Master Design Award – Gold
- Sit on company’s Board of Directors
Contracted by founder and CEO of cryptocurrency investment group to develop website and graphics.
- Developed multi-language website to increase business both domestically and internationally.
- Began generating online leads within the first two months of the launch of the site.
- Tripled customer conversion after the launch of the site.
- Graphic Design Work
Green Flash Machine
Contracted by new ownership to develop a new brand and a business development plan for the San Diego-based machine shop.
- Developed Strategic Marketing Plan: Created marketing plan that aims to increase revenue 40% in 2018.
- Built Company’s Online Presence:
- Designed website heavily focused on user experience and business development. The new site is designed to maximize new business leads and provide useful analytics to the management team to make necessary content adjustments.
- Website has been averaging slightly over ten leads per month through SEO and Google Adwords campaigns as was planned.
- Designed Graphics and Brand Standards: Developed new branding and brand standards to ensure proper utilization of brand in various marketing materials.
Peace Hospice & Palliative Care
Contracted by CEO to develop and execute a creative marketing plan for the Chicago-area home hospice company.
- Developed and Setup Framework for Strategic Marketing Plan:
- Increased social media interactions 78% and increased website traffic 19% by incorporating branding and advertising into Social Media.
- Set up Google AdWords Campaign and Google Analytics to document and track online traffic.
- Designed and Developed New Website: New website has an improved user experience and is better optimized for search engines. SEO has increased online leads two-fold.
- Developed Brand Standards: Setup brand standards that defined a consistent look and feel to the company and created value throughout the company’s different marketing and advertising media.
Contracted to develop branding and graphic design for startup additive manufacturer.
Contracted to develop award submissions and project proposals for the international architecture firm.
- Developed Proposals: Developed architecture and engineering proposals for the corporate architecture firm. Successfully won 75% of the proposals created.
Contracted to by president to develop marketing materials for the global healthcare business.
Build website, developed branding, and managed social media for small Kansas Real Estate Developer.
Developed logo and graphics for the professional mixed martial artist.
Developed a logo for the 3d printing filament company.
Tim Salm Group
Assisted top producing Chicago real estate agent with open presentations, events, and websites.
Sotheby’s Real Estate
Consulted with Jameson and Sudler branches of Sotheby’s International Realty.
- Averaged $2 million in annual real estate sales.
- Produced marketing materials and other marketing content for residential real estate agents.
- Hosted numerous events to build companies client base and generate interest in properties.
Collaborated with potential investors for a concept design for an alcohol-infused cupcake boutique/bar.
Master of Business Administration
Loyola University of Chicago – Quinlan School of Business
Developed business plan for a startup that automated the home building process with Architect submitted designed homes for my capstone project.
Public Interest Design Certificate
Bachelors of Architecture
Kansas State University – College of Architecture, Planning, and Design
Concentrated on sustainable designs in urban environments, specifically green cities and sustainable towers.
- Spanish Minor
- Community Planning Minor